Monday, March 2, 2009

A First


So this past weekend I went to my first Ladies' Retreat hosted by our church, Christ Community. It was held at the beautiful Lied Lodge in Nebraska City with the special guest speaker Connie Grigsby. She gave a wonderful message, and God used her life story to touch many of the women's hearts, mine included. I went with my friend Michelle, and we had a blast being without kids, sleeping in our own beds, and feeling like teenagers again as we stayed up really late. Now not only is this a first for going to the retreat, but this is the FIRST time I've ever been away over night from Zoe. Thankfully, my wonderful husband agreed to let me go and took on the full time occupation of Daddy Daycare! :) I will admit that I did miss my little munchkin, but it was a fabulous getaway!

No comments: