Before Max's arrival, we were often told 2 things about sibling relationships:
#1. There is nothing more precious than to see interaction and bonding between siblings.
#2. Warning: Your first child may have a difficult time adjusting to having another one in the home that is stealing away their attention.
Well people, we firmly believe and have experienced both statements! :) The last month has really been an adjustment for Zoe. When people ask me how I'm doing with the new baby, I respond, "I'm doing great with the baby; it's Zoe that is giving me a run for my money!" When we first brought Max home, Zoe would come up and look at him and give him a kiss and rub his head, and then run off and do her own thing. When week 2 came, and she realized baby brother was here to stay, her "attitude" quickly changed. We entered the terrible, and I mean TERRIBLE, twos fast! I was exhausted by the end of the day in dealing with the tantrums, screams, messes, etc. (not to mention the lack of sleep from new baby). Zoe even gave Max a "love tap" (hit) just to show who was boss in the house. Max is going to be a tuff kid! However, the last week has been a lot better. Zoe is back to her sweeter self, and she is very fond and proud of baby brother. This interaction really melts my heart as a mother. She is always concerned about him when he cries, and comes up to tell me, "Baby brudder (brother) Nax (Max) cryin." She always wants to kiss him and hold his hand. When he's in his bouncer, she looks at him and says, "Ohhh, he's sooo coot (cute)!" It is my prayer that Zoe & Max will be close siblings, lifting each other up throughout life.
No comments:
Post a Comment