A couple of weekends ago I watched you prove to the world you are ready to set off into the great unknown. I watched you graduate high school. My youngest sister, child #7, princess of the house, walked across the stage & pulled her tassle to the other side while 2 parents, 6 siblings, 5 in-laws, 11 nieces & nephews, a set of Grandparents, 2 Aunts, and many dear friends proudly cheered & in our hearts prayed, thanking God for giving us the special, surprise blessing, Courtney Anne Kunnemann.
I really am so proud of you, Courtney. You've excelled in school & in life. I've always been proud of you. From the time you were born, I proudly carried you around showing you off to my friends. The sisters & I didn't let you go out of the house with out your dress on, hair done & accessories to match up. You were a live doll for us & allowed many of us siblings to hang on to our childhood a little bit longer. Because when I was playing Barbies or Dolls at a much older age than most, of course it was in the name of, "I'm only playing it with my little sister!" ;) You have proven to us you can hold your own in the great big, organized chaos we call our family! That is not an easy task with 4 older sisters that have been known to be bossy, crazy, emotional or any other thing at any given time. You've also had to share your attention with all the nieces & nephews, weddings, college graduations, etc., and you've done it so well. I know you have been given the name princess & we tease you for being spoiled, but the truth is you are a princess. We knew you were special the day you were born. You share your birthday with Seth, the oldest, in the family. That is special. You completed the family line. You are the only blonde in our family. Lucky duck! :) Though you were only 2 when Grandma Kunnemann passed away, you remind me the most of her. In looks & in personallity. That is a wonderful thing. You have an unbelievable artistic mind & hand. Your creativity & skill blows me away. Your will is strong, but your upright character is even stronger.
Courtney, don't be afraid to set off into the great "unknown". Because even though you don't know what your future holds & it can seem so scary at times, your Heavenly Father that loves you so much has already written a perfect plan for you. It is such a blessing to watch you be led by the Spirit through a world that can be so difficult & harsh to young women. You are such a good role model to all your little nieces that adore everything you do! And in Zoe's words, "Mama, this is my Barbie (a blonde one of course) & her name is Courtney like my Aunt Courtney. I hope when I grow up I can be just like Courtney b/c she is so nice & so pretty. She sure does have a lot of toys that she lets me play with too!" I love you tons & pray that your future will continue to bring glory & honor to God. Congrats Court!
Camella
more pics of Court here: Princess Court
And some pics from her Grad Partaaay: Party






No comments:
Post a Comment