one of my favorite things to do is decorating for the Christmas season. my husband can verify that. he is so gracious to let me go a little over board in this department.
even if it costs me a few eye rolls from him! :)
our outdoor lighting decorating has a really cool story that maybe i'll share one of these days on here.
my noel letters are the chipboard letters from hobby lobby that are spray painted
This year I wanted to change up my decor a bit without spending money. So I used everything I already had or had purchased from the previous year's Christmas clearance. As in 70%-90% off. I won't let myself buy anything that is more than that. I decided to go with more of an outdoorsy theme using pine cones, sticks, real pine tree branches/needles, fake snow and lots of mason jars. I had bought a GIGANTIC box of TONS of various sizes of pinecones from a garage sale last summer for a whopping $1. Those pinecones have come in real handy both for my fall & winter home decor. I'm proud of that purchase, can you tell? :)
I filled a lot of mason jars that I already had (also purchased a big box of them from a garage sale for a total of $3) with fake snow, broken up pine branches (that i took from the extra branches from our real xmas trees), pine cones & stuck a candle in the middle. Ta-dum. Easy peasy. Super cheap.
more small glass jars and pine cones
more fake snow, pine cones & fake berries….somebody tell me i'm getting a little crazy with these things!!! :)
even the bathrooms must display some Christmas spirit :)
My chalkboards always are nice and crisp UNTIL my kids enter the picture. For some reason both Zoe & Max like to run their little hands along the words, tracing/smearing/and messing up my hard work! Grrrr. Oh well. Note to self…take a pic before!
yes, more pine cones from my beloved garage sale box. aren't these ones sooo cute! they are tiny! p.s. those little bottles are the archer farm spice bottles from target that i saved and peeled off the labels when we were finished with them.
i used all the same ornaments i've used in the past only i took out my bronze/orange ones to have a more natural look.
yes, even my wrapping paper & ribbon/bows are from last year's clearance. people, why would you purchase it full price if you can just plan ahead?!?! :)
i added new burlap ribbon to make the biggest change
the kids' xmas tree with all of their ornaments they've gotten so far as well as daddy's childhood ones. this tree was kind of retro looking. it was actually bart & i's favorite, maybe b/c it was full of memories.
just playing with my camera around the house. b/c that's what i do. i'm fun like that.
seriously, i think i need to break up with the pinecones.
that's it for 2013.
















































No comments:
Post a Comment