I realized the other day that I haven't really written much about baby #4. Time just seems to disappear quicker than it used to. I am now 2 weeks away from the due date, and I'm okay if time goes quickly over the next 2 weeks as these last couple of months have been pretty uncomfortable miserable.
So some randomness about this pregnancy & our sweet baby #4:
- For the first time, we decided not to find out the gender of the baby. It has been so much fun, and I kind of wish we would have done that with the others. However, now that "nesting" has fully kicked in, there are some moments where I wish I knew what we were having just so I could wash baby clothes/blankets/etc. Other than that, it has been super exciting dreaming about our future baby boy or girl.
- Along the line of not finding out gender, I have no intuition as to whether baby is boy or girl. I have had 1 dream, but I never know what to make of dreams. On that topic, I can't wait to someday ask God about why we dream and what they really mean, or don't mean.
- The kids are beyond thrilled to add another sibling to the family. Every single day they pray for the baby and ask me when he/she is coming out! Makes our hearts smile. When I told Zoe that Mama had a baby in my tummy, she started crying uncontrollable tears of joy. It was one of the most sweetest moments I've experienced with Zoe. (And of course I started crying uncontrollably. It felt good to cry like that. Tears of pure joy.) Max constantly talks about all the things he is going to do for the baby and wants to feel my growing belly all the time. Jude comes up and asks about the baby in my tummy, but is still too busy to think about much more than playing cars and getting into trouble! :)
- My pregnancy has been SUPER rough from beginning to my current 38 weeks. Everything from nausea to just being physically in a lot of pain and discomfort. I'm not sure if it's b/c I'm older or b/c it's the fourth round or maybe the combo, but it has been trying. I am still so very grateful though for this blessing, and I try very hard to put into perspective that its only "9 months". Easier said than done!
- This baby, like the others were, is a mover and a shaker. ALL.THE.TIME!
- I feel like this is for sure our last baby. That in itself is bittersweet.
- Because we changed health insurance companies at the beginning of 2015, I now have a new OBGyn doctor that I've only met twice. It's all good.
- I haven't had any real major cravings with this baby except lots of fruit, particularly watermelon lately. I did the whole "only wanted mashed potatoes and turkey sandwiches" at the beginning of the pregnancy just like I was with all 3 of the other kiddos. I think its because those foods are plain and during the major nausea stage I could keep them down!
- Up till a week or 2 ago, this baby was breech. I had never experienced that before, and it seemed like that had a major contribution to my discomfort. I have a new compassion/sympathy for those of you that have gone through that.
- I'm a little nervous about being a good mom to FOUR kiddos. I wasn't really that nervous with each transition before- not that I had everything figured out. I know so many people that have done it before, are currently doing it, and will continue to, but I just want to be a good mom to all of my kiddos. I am praying that God gives me the strength and ability to do the best I can and that He will fill in the gaps that I can't meet. I believe God will give me that.
- Once again, my belly is freakishly big. I truly look like a freak show and people give me odd stares and comments regularly. Humbling.
- I love to think about what new personality will be added to our family. It has been one of the coolest things to watch each of our kiddos develop into their own unique self, and to add to that is such an exciting adventure to me.
- Bart continues to be the best husband/Daddy during another rough pregnancy. He's helped out so much by making supper at night often and regular giving back rubs. He's the greatest. Truly.
Here are some ultrasound pics from Sweet Baby at 24 weeks.
Love those little piggies- and have felt them jabbing me FREQUENTLY!
"Hi" to you too baby! We can't wait to meet you!
I LOVE this picture sooo much! I love you baby #4 beyond written or spoken words. Praying you will be in our arms soon!
So we've all seen the adorable monthly/weekly/daily baby bump pics that are out there on blogs and pinterest. I've always wanted to do that just to see and track the baby belly growth, but never really put the time/energy into it. This round I told myself, I'm going to try and take as many bump update pics as I can. I am not a big fan of "selfies," so bare with me. And I don't have the exact weeks/dates tagged on these, but here is my feeble attempt at tracking the growing bump! :)
January Bump:
February Bump:
March Bump:
April Bump:
I feel like here is where the bump turned into the BOOM! and hasn't stopped!!!
Current belly shot
Hopefully I will only be taking 1 more bump shot before baby is born!
Hope to be bringing some exciting news next time!!




























2 comments:
there was an audible, "awww" with the little face ultrasound :)
the jump between the jan 15 and feb 1 was so significant! i love the progression pictures! i wouldn't have been good at it this time except that i had a baby app that reminded me every week. i can't believe that you're only two weeks away! woo hoo!!! i'll say some extra prayers for you in the next few days!
Post a Comment