Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Moms never get sick!

When I was little, I used to be amazed how my mom never got sick. All of us kids could be sick (and there are 7 of us!!), and she never seemed to get sick. She just ran around taking care of us. She was the best nurse ever. She would bring us 7Up- a real treat- POP!! She would clean up after us. She'd bring us our medicine, and make snuggly nests for us to lay in so we could rest up. And best of all, she'd check our fever by leaning her cheek against our forhead and then kissing it.

Well, now I know the truth. The only possible way I would have ever discovered this wonder was by becoming a mom myself. And here's the secret....moms DO get sick! They just don't show it because they have to take care of their kids first.

So here I am, sick as a dog, but I'm trying to fill the big shoes of my own mom and take care of my sick kiddos (& hubby) first. Zoe was sick last week and is finally recovering. Bart's end is finally in sight, yet not here. And sadly, Max just begun his round.

So all the Mom's out there (esp. my own mom), here's to you, for "never" getting sick!! That is talent! :)
Sick mom= messy hair, no makeup, lounge clothes all day (for maybe a couple days), yet a smile anyway! :)

No comments: