Thursday, February 25, 2010

Zoe's Words

Zoe's vocabulary and sentence structure is rapidly growing day by day, and I often get a kick out of her latest phrases!

Z: "What you makin Mommy?"
C: "Hair bows."
Z: "Oh, good job Mommy!"

Randomly during the week after I cut my hair:
"I yike (like) your haircut!"

When I don't do my hair:
"Mommy hair MESSY!"

A not so favorite:
"POOPY, POOPY, POOPY!!!" - regardless if Zoe needs to do #1 or #2, she yells this out to let me know so I can take her to the bathroom. This has happened in public more than I'd like. For whatever reason, she can't distinguish the 2 verbally.

As she's attempting to make Max smile/laugh by squeezing the poor boy's tummy over and over, "Does that tickle Nax, hunh?!"

Everytime we pull any article of clothing over Zoe's head, "Where's Zoe?!" Once her head is through, "There she is!"

The last few nights she has been doing the bedtime prayer all by herself, and they are pretty much as follows: "Dear Jesus, thank you Daddy, brudder (brother), Mommy, Manny (her lamb), Nax, and then some mumbo jumbo I haven't translated yet, and then AMEN!" - It's so sweet!
Yesterday after nap:
C: Okay Zoe, we are going to go down and play instead of watching a movie, and you're not going to cry about it, okay?
Z: Movie, movie, movie!
C: Zoe, Mommy said no movie and no crying about it.
Z: ok.

Today:
Z: Mommy, no movie today and I'm not gonna cry about it!
C: (trying hard not to laugh) Very good Zoe!

As I'm changing Max's diaper:
"P.U. Nax! That's discusting!"


When she's playing with her dolls/stuffed animals, and they are apparently not doing what she says:
"You obey Mama Zoe or you get spankin!" (wonder where she heard that?!) :)

No comments: