Wednesday, February 12, 2014

vail 2014

The first weekend in January our family took a trip up to Vail for the weekend.  It was put on by Bart's work, so we always jump on any free trip we can get! :)  We had a blast & both Bart & I agreed this has been one of our top favorite family trips so far.  
first the pics from my phone:
There were moments where it was a complete white out when we drove up to Vail. Scary!  

Yet beautiful too!

Clearly Max isn't too concerned.

Meanwhile, I'm a little paranoid when it comes to hairy driving conditions. 
 Ok, so I'm exaggerating in this ridiculous "selfie."  

waiting in stand still traffic

Our view form our car.  

We made it & the kids were super excited to check out the pool!  
Who isn't when you get to a hotel?  Always a first on the "to do" list.






Happy to be safe and sound!





Our first night was Family Pizza night with Bart's work.  I really appreciate how laid back the people & the company Bart works for are.  It felt like we were eating pizza with our own family.  






Jude is ready to go swimming! :)

This Christmas Crazy was super glad most of the town of Vail had its Christmas Decorations still up.  



Eating breakfast at our FAVORITE joint in Vail.  The NorthSide Kitchen.

Oh they are a duo!

And then there is our sweetie, odd, but she's still our sweetie! :)


Zoe insisted on wearing the slippers the hotel gave us to the pool.  Diva much?


Jude LOVED hot tubbing outside with the snow on the ground.  We all did!


Our favorite thing we did was the dinner event at the top of the mountain.  The only way to get to the restaurant is by first riding the gondola up most of the mountain, and then a Snow Cat takes you up the rest of the way.  Max was complete! :)

Beautiful view from our gondola ride up the mountain.













There is the snow cat.  Max & Zoe (and even Jude) were sooooooo excited.  I seriously think Max's jaw was all the way to the ground in awe of this thing!  


I thought it was pretty fun to ride in too.  Except when I looked over the edge and saw how close we were to the side of the mountain.  HOLY MOLY!  

The kids behaved most of the night, but then b/c it was a long dinner event….they started getting a little silly.  And then Jude was done! 

'
To the point where I had to take him out of the dining room we were in and just hang out with him in the lobby till everyone was finished.  Luckily we made it to dessert and I didn't miss out on too much! :)

I was grabbing for straws to keep him quiet and entertained.  This  (playing with my phone camera) was the only thing that kept him quiet for longer than a minute. 


Back down the mountain to our hotel.  

Winter Wonderland


The lights were so pretty.


Jude being a goof.



Love these kiddos

Love how Max's ear is sticking out of his hat.  :)



please note manny… :)








snack time….a giant summer sausage really?  must be a guy thing?




Now on to my camera pics:










Zoe & I went off to explore the hotel.  A necessity shortly after check in anytime you stay in a hotel.  


Pool Bound


Who doesn't love swimming & hot tubbing out doors when there is snow on the ground?!

This was right after Max got nailed with a snow ball.  Hilarious! 

And look who was one of the culprits


Me & my favorite boys

Bart & I were talking about how our kids are growing up in a world where they don't really use/see these "giant" phones on a daily basis.  Clearly, Jude loves the big phones.  He was having a long conversation to somebody out there and there must have been some good jokes as he was all giggles.  :)

this one must have been his girlfriend on the line


Spiffied up for the dinner event on top of the mountain  





Manny, you have been on every single family trip we've taken.  
That's a lot of traveling for a little lamb! 

I used to think Max was going to be our family clown, but I'm pretty sure Jude has taken over the role.  He's always doing stuff to make the big kids laugh.  


Let it snow!










 


















No comments: