Early this morning (6 AM) I went to the ER after a long night of chest pain/discomfort as well as being up with a teething, fussy Max throughout the night. I had been having these pains noticeably increasing over the last month. I thought it was just due to the move/stress, so I tried not to worry about it. When the pain wouldn't go away, Bart said why don't you go in just to check it out. So I did; they did 2 EKGs, blood work, and an X-Ray of my heart. The doctor came back with the news that according to his findings, I have inflammation around my heart sack called Pericarditis. I obviously had never heard of that before, and was a bit scared as to what that meant for me. Thankfully, my blood work & XRay looked great, so I shouldn't need anymore treatment other than the prescribed 1 Motrin a day to take away the inflammation and pain. I then am supposed to follow up in a week with a heart clinic just to make sure everything checks out ok. The doctor thinks that I must have gotten some infection (a common virus or cold) that caused the inflammation. Here is a better explanation of this than I can do: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000182.htm
Please pray that this will heal up on its own with the Motrin, and that the physical/emotional feelings accompanying this would be healed quickly as well. I am thankful that everything else looked good and it doesn't seem to be too serious. In the meantime, I will give thanks to the Lord, for He is and has been good.

1 comment:
oh camie, you're heart (literally!!) is in our prayers!! if you guys need ANYTHING don't hesitate to ask, we're just down the street:)
Post a Comment