"The only thing worth stealing is a kiss from a sleeping child." ~ Joe Houldsworth
I'm a bit skitso when it comes to my sleeping children. There are days (quite often) where I count down the hours, minutes, seconds till nap or bedtime. Sometimes I get really disappointed if I look at the clock and it says 1:00 p.m. instead of 1:30 (nap time) because I don't know how I'm going to survive another 30 minutes! I NEED a break! And in then those sweet, quiet moments during nap time, I'll be sitting doing nothing....and a little "voice" inside of me says, "You miss your children." And every ONCE in awhile, I follow that voice into their bedrooms to check on them while they are sleeping (yet doing it quiet as a mouse in fear they make wake up). And then....
my heart melts.
And I want to pick them up and hold them close to me. I sometimes just stare at them because to me they are so beautiful. God's perfect creation that He has given me.
And even though I often long for just 30 minutes longer of "me time," nothing beats the adorable little face that looks up at you, wanting you, their mama, to come and pick them up and hold them in your arms.
Even with a crusty nose and stinky paci breath, this face can't be turned down.
Nor this little face.
Mischievous and all.
Yep, they've stolen my heart, and I don't think I'll bother getting it back.












No comments:
Post a Comment