Wednesday, October 5, 2011

what we've been up to

we've been busy, but we've also been enjoying being around the house more often.  we've also been enjoying the new season (even if we've had 2 weeks of 75-80 degree weather still).  here's what we've been doing:

I came upon Zoe's special dinner she set up for Max & her.  Furniture:  Wooden horses make perfect tables.  Food:  Powdered Sugar Donuts.  That meets most of the food groups doesn't it?  It was too cute to get mad at. 

 After a fun evening with the Reimers & pizza.  Celine took our family pictures.  I'll post some soon.  Love them!  You can't go wrong when Celine is behind the lens! :)  (Zoe already changed into her pjs when we took these). 

Beautiful flowers from Bart.  Just because.   



Our homemade car ramp.   

 Not sure why, but Zoe asked me to take a picture of Strawberry & Lemon.  Here they are! :) 

 Love those morning eyes smiling at me!

I love it when Zoe & Max are snuggled together.  And yes, Max has marker all over his face as well as his shoes on the couch.  Oh well.


 Zoe's good friend, Quinny. 

 Mops play date at our house. 

 Pumpkin crafts.
 Zoe was very particular about painting in the lines. 

 Zoe reuniting with Manny.  We accidentally left Manny at my sister's house, so Manny took a little trip via the USP.  We had to check the mail everyday to see if Manny had arrived.  Zoe was sooooo happy when it finally came. 
 Sporting the Halloween pjs. 


 Max's feet are almost as big as Zoe's.  He went through 3 shoe sizes from May to September.  Growing boy!


Zoe begged to make pumpkin sugar cookies.  After 3 days of begging, I caved in.  I always dread making sugar cookies with the kids because it makes such a mess.  And yep, they made such a mess, but it was so much fun for them. 


The finished product.  Zoe was sooooo proud. 


 Max not practicing his table manners and enjoying every bit of it. 

 We had a picnik in the park one evening in Castle Rock while we were wasting some time.  Max was obsessed with the bumble bee.  DID NOT WANT OFF!






It's more fun when Daddy goes with!





 Though fall air is around us, the Colorado sun still allows us to do summer things like bubbles.  Don't worry, we aren't swimming still, but it has def. been hot enough too.  I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm looking forward to a bit more of "fallish weather". 


We got out some fall decor, and Zoe was thrilled to be able to help!  The apple doesn't fall far from the tree when it comes to holiday decorating! 

Sometimes we don't get dressed till.....oh noonish, or later. 
 Zoe's decor.  Nicely lined up. 



Mr. Max.  Dirty face & scratch marks/bruises on face makes a normal day for us.


 Zoe has been practicing her "balance beam".  She also has been dressing herself.  This outfit is quite something. 
 My little monkeys.  Always climbing. 





No comments: