The night before Christmas
The stockings were hung (and cookies and carrots set out for Santa &his reindeer)
Oh man, I never thought anything could be better than being a kid on Christmas morning. But I was wrong. I LOVE being a parent and watching my kiddos on Christmas morning. The smiles and excitement!
We have followed the gift giving guide for our kids- "Something you want, Something you need, Something to wear, Something to read" along with stocking stuffers.
I'll be the first to admit that it's easy to spoil kids, and I'll be the first to acknowledge that the toys' luster can wear rather quickly, leaving you a basement full of toys that aren't played with as much. The past couple of years I've put a lot of thought into the gifts, along with following the 4 gift rule, and it has been really good for our family. 

We actually did our family Christmas early because we had to be gone during the actual days of Christams, so after we enjoyed our gifts and goodies, we got ready and went to church. I was glad we were brought back to the real reason we celebrate Christmas after going to church. I LOVE holidays (obviously) so much, that I am constantly having to check myself to see where my heart is during the holiday seasons. It's so easy to get caught up in the "hype" and even in the "stresses" of it all. Lord, thank you for sending Your Son to the earth to be our Savior for all.
We set up the tripod and did some quick family photos for the books.
And they are still smiling- even after their crazy mama has snapped a million pics in December. I may have promised a treat or two for a few smiles. :) Is that called bribery?
















No comments:
Post a Comment