We've been busy lately. So these pics are mostly from the month of May- but a few are from June. Ok, maybe only like 2. :) Our spring here was an unusual one, well compared to our typical "Omaha Springs". For having such a sunny winter, we didn't see near as much sun in April & May. It wasn't really cold, just not as sunny. It also took forever for the plants to start blooming and for the grass to turn green. A downside to the Colorado life, but that's ok. We sure missed the bright green Omaha during this time of year! We did get to do some fun things outside though:
One Saturday we loaded up and took a trip into the mountains, not going too far, and landed in Idaho Springs. The best part about Colorado life is literally just randomly picking among the thousands of fun and beautiful places to go to and going. No preparations, just get in the car and go. And free...well except for gas, which is rather expensive these days! We ate pizza at the famous Beaujo's and enjoyed walking around the waterfall and train site.
It was a little on the chilly side that day, and I felt like an unfit mother as I dressed my kids in short sleeves and shorts(Zoe)!
Luckily, we did have jackets just in case.
Enjoyin my lovies on Memorial Day, yes, Zoe & I are dressed in festive spirit. Yes, we will continue to do so as long as I possibly can. I spare Max & Bart from having to match....isn't that nice of me?!
ALL girl...mixed with a little quirkiness here and there
Zoe loves to play dress up these days. Anything pretty, sparkly, and princess like is found adorning this little one! :) She told me the other day she couldn't wait to get her ear's pierced when she grows up. (I had to wait till I was 13 till I got my ears' pierced, so I wanted to pass on the tradition). I told her she was just lucky to get to wear wings.
Lovely waterfall in Idaho Springs
ALL boy!
Max plays with his trucks everyday, almost all day. I love listening to his truck sounds.
So Zoe has Manny, her pink lamb, and Max has his blankee. He has formed quite the attachment to his blanket. He carries it around wherever he goes, it smells no matter how many times I wash it, and Max will not go to sleep with out it. And did I mention it is a Christmas patterned blanket?
And the paci has become the other hard core attachment. I actually have to hide it during the day b/c he wants it all the time. I still let him have it during nap/night time, but if it was his way it would be in his mouth 24/7. One time he had it at lunch and would take it out to eat it bite, then put it back in, then take it out to eat a bite, put it back in....how on earth am I going to break this habit....esp. since its so nice to have at night and in the car?!?! Is it really so odd to send a 5 year old to school with a paci?
It's been fun to spend a lot of our time in the backyard these days. Most kids love running around, playing on the swingset or in the sandbox, but what do my kids do? They hunt for bugs. Rollie pollies to be exact.
Zoe's obsessed with them. No really. She collects as many as she can and puts them in her bucket to show Daddy. She talks to them, dissected 1 of them, and tells them she loves them all the time. Should I be concerned?
Zoe in her convincing tone, "See Max, you can let them climb all over you, and they just love it!
I promise they won't bite!"
And speaking of bugs, check out this web of baby spiders that were just hatched. Zoe the bug expert discovered them on our patio chair. After I looked at them & photographed them, I quickly disposed of them when Zoe wasn't looking. Both Bart & I had never seen a web/nest of spiders like this, and we're country kids! Pretty amazing, yet make me itch at the same time!
Still rollie pollie hunting...maybe she can have a rollie pollie farm instead of an ant farm.
1 comment:
you have to admit....rollie pollies are one of the cooler species.
Post a Comment