I've always said that I won't be that parent that is so proud of their kiddo that they don't see their child realistically. For example, the parents that think their kid is a star ball player and really the kid has neither talent nor interest in the game, or the parent that tells everyone how smart their kid is when in reality, they pretty much line up with all the rest of the kids. Nope, not me. I would never do that. But then I did. One night in January, shortly after Zoe turned 3, Zoe said she wanted to read the Bible story instead of having us read it. So Bart gave her the go ahead, meanwhile I'm cleaning up dishes. Bart immediately calls me up, bursting with excitement, and asks Zoe to read for Mommy. When she gets done, I'm in such amazement that I say to Bart, "Zoe can read!!! She just turned 3, and she can READ!!" I was floored. So we had her read it one more time, and she got each word perfect. AMAZING!!!!! Luckily, reality soaked in. And the realistic side in both Bart & I realized that there was no way she could read that early (not to sell Zoe short)! :) After a few more times, it was apparent she had just simply memorized the Bible Story from the many times we've read it. So for about 3 minutes, I fell into the category of parents I never wanted to be in. I confess. I thought my kid was smarter than yours. :)
Zoe the "reader". This round wasn't as smooth sailing as the others, but she still has a pretty good memory!
No comments:
Post a Comment