A few weekends ago we took a lil trip to the wonderful land of Imperial. It has been awhile since we had gone there as a family to visit and actually stay. Prior to that, our trips there were short stops on our way to another destination. The entire week before we left, Zoe asked me every hour when we were going to Grandpa & MeMa's farmhouse. I should have known better not to tell her we were going till 5 minutes before we actually leave. Tip for next time. We always enjoy going back home because it really does feel like time goes a bit slower and everything is just more laid back. Its kind of fun to hear Bart call my home his home too. Sometimes I think he likes it better than I do! :)
On our drive home, we spotted these wild lilacs in Haxtun.
What a romantic! When Bart & I were first married, we had these same flowers along the side of the road near our apartments. Bart would stop and pick some after work, and it was the sweetest thing ever. This moment took me back to those special times. Oh man, I'm gettin on sappy!
Bart, Josh, Courtney & I took a lil trip to the Ender's Golf course to hit a few balls, and afterwards found ourselves here, looking at Cara & Josh's future plot of land....well maybe someday! :)
Courtney Approves
Later that day, Courtney & I took Zoe to the city park. This was my favorite ride when I was a little tyke. Zoe loved it too! We called it the Big Bug.
And who doesn't do the spider with their best friends during the swing years?!?!
Courtney found a baby bunny that Bart tried to wean back to health.
Cara is very concerned, Zoe is very curious, and Josh & Bart think they are the next vets.
Max wanted to play on the mini tractor the whole time we were there. Thanks to Grandpa, he got his wish.
A special visit from the adorable Camden! Big boy eating crackers!
True country entertainment. Even I got a few rounds in . (Don't ask me how good of a shot I have!) :)
Seth & Coon hat???
Josh
Court
Black Bart
MeMa & Zoe after church
MeMa planting flowers, Zoe asking a million questions.
Off to Enders Lake for the afternoon
Zoe's first time there! Unfortunately, the waters were so high that the beaches weren't very good.
Newlyweds & Court (and check out all of our healthy snacks/drinks).
awwwww.......
And due to some sweet trees, I made Courtney due a quick photo shoot.
As well as the newlyweds, my family are good eggs letting me practice on them!
Crazy love
Meanwhile, Max got to stay behind with Grandpa & MeMa
And I'm pretty sure he enjoyed the exclusive attention!
And Grandpa's pushes on the tractor
/
Courtney's Junior Pictures (just some more practice) :)
She's a beauty!
No comments:
Post a Comment