Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Farm boy, My Boy



Dear Max,
I can't believe you are 22 months old already!  In 2 months, we will be celebrating your 2nd Birthday, and I'm not ready for that.  You are supposed to be the baby of our family!!  This also means you are supposed to be entering your "terrible twos" stage, but I'm 100% sure you decided to enter that stage about 4 months ago.  You have definitely shown us that your sister (along with your Mama) isn't the only one that is VERY strong willed.  You, my sweet boy, have a will the strength of Samson!  Even though there are days where your will combined with your temper frustrate me and wear me out, you always remind me of your sweetness when I put you to bed at night.  Lately you've been asking me to "rock" at night, meaning you want me to hold you and rock you a few minutes before I lay you in your crib.  Both your Daddy & I have no idea where you even saw this or came up with this idea because we've never rocked you or your sister to sleep in fear that a habit would be formed and unbreakable.  However, I never turn you down because I cherish those few minutes of you wanting me to hold you in my arms.  You also say, "song!"  This is your request for me to sing you a song while we rock, every single time we sing "Jesus Loves Me," and every single time you sing along with me.  These moments have melted my heart, and while I'm singing those words, I believe more than ever and feel in the depth of my soul the love of Jesus.   
During the day your usual activities consist of following your sister around, hoping for a few minutes of her attention or playtime with you, laying on the floor rolling your cars and trucks back and forth, making sure you know I'm nearby if a period of time has gone when you realize you haven't seen me and yell out, "MAMA!!" and begging any chance you get to go outside.  You love being outside!  When we go back to the farm to visit MeMa & Grandpa, all you want to do is ride on the little tractor outside or play with the dogs & cats. 
You are really into having me kiss your ouchies and letting me know when your diaper is dirty.  You come up to me with a clean diaper, the wipes, and say, "Poopy!"  It makes me laugh every time. 
You still have a strong love affair with your paci & your blanket, and I have no idea, nor do I want to attempt, on how to break your little love triangle up.  Maybe I'll just let that one go a little bit longer. 
Daddy is your hero.  When he leaves for work, you cry at the door calling out for him.  He is such a good Daddy to you, and I pray that you will grow up to be like the wonderful and Godly man he is.   
I'm so blessed to call you my son, and I pray for you daily.  I pray that your heart will be opened up to God's calling and your eyes will be fixed on the love and power of Christ.  I also pray that your Daddy & I will always provide a loving home for you to grow up where Christ is always the head of our household.  This has proven harder to do than I ever imagined, but God is good and merciful to us. 
I love you to the moon, Max!  You are so special to me! 
Love,
Mama

No comments: