Over Labor Day weekend we had the annual Ryan Family Reunion in Custer, SD. This is the second year we've had it there, and a good time was had by all!
Bart with his parents John & Tracy (also part of the Ryan clan) in the kitchen cookin up a storm.
Not a good time without a game of horseshoes and the musicians at play.
Mia Grace, the main attraction. What a little sweetheart Mia is! This was our first time meeting her, and we enjoyed being able to snuggle her. Mia is such a mini Ade (her big sister) in looks, its unbelievable! It was like looking down at Ade 2 years ago! Don't worry Mia, we know you are own little person, and I'm sure in a few short months, you'll show us just how special and unique you are! I know how it feels to be compared to sisters! :)
Cousins, Ade & Max peekin in on Mia
Enjoying the Wii, hey we're a modern family!
Kari and Lola Bug getting in on the action
Heidi & Bennett
Lola- best dressed girl around!
Cousins Lola & Zoe
Cousins, Zoe & Brookie- Brookie was such a sweetheart by playing with Zoe & keeping an eye on her all weekend. I wish we lived closer so they could spend more time together (and I'd hire Brookie to babysit! She's awesome!).
Mommy & Zoe Girl in our nice cabin we stayed in.
Daddy & Max
Uncle Ted crashed!
The lesson learned here: Don't fall asleep out in the common area. Strange things might happen!
Ted's manicure
A sweet Mother-Daughter Moment, Anny & Mia
A sweet Father-Son Moment, Lee & Bennett
Hudson relaxing
Cousins Lola & Max playing cars
I tried all weekend to snap a picture where both Lola & Max were looking at me, but no success. I wanted to try and capture their similarities in looks. Its crazy how much they look alike. Maybe its because their dad's are twins? :) I bet so!

Max & Bennett enjoying cars & blocks
Ade girl

So precious to watch the cousins play
Sweeties

Daddy Duty, Landon at work :)
Mr. Bennett, always happy
Max having his morning cup of java- yep, this is really coffee, and he really does like it thanks to Daddy.

Brookie the sweetie
The kiddos & I after our "wonderful" cave experience
Look alikes
The Wind Cave, if you'd like to know more about it you can click on this link: http://www.nps.gov/wica/index.htm
So I'm going to be frank, the Wind Cave wasn't quite as cool as I was hoping it would be. I thought it would have more mineral formations that are pretty to look at, but really, what you see in these pictures about sums up everything we saw. Our experience was also a little jaded by this young couple that had this little toddler boy that kept whining and wanting to run away from his parents while everyone else was trying to listen to the very informative tour guide's facts and ramblings about the cave. It was really disruptive and just made everyone else's cave tour less than enjoyable. Why can't parents get a handle on their kids these days? Seriously. Oh wait. That couple was us. And that "charming" little toddler was Max. Yep, we were that family that everyone looks at, and there was nothing we could do. Believe me, we tried EVERYTHING! Oh Max, you will grow out of this stage right?! :)
There's that toddler!
That joyous march out of the cave and back into our cars! Amen!!
Papa & Max- love this pic!
We are bad parents- Max's taking some sips of soda! Oh dear!
Bart had to prove his manliness by taking a swim in the creek- brrrr!
The plunge!
Bart is playing up his heroic dive! :)

The brothers, Adam & Lee, with Max
Lee's Stunts
Zoey, the dog
Max loving on the "puppies"
Bennett's first Ryan Family Reunion (well, last year he was in his Mama's tummy) :)
Bennett working on walking with Mommy, Heidi
Our Family
Anny with baby Mia
3 Generations: Anny, Mia & Tracy
Beautiful
Max & Zoe
Tracy, Anny, Mia & John
Lola Bug
Ade Girl
So I realized when I uploaded my pics from the trip that 98% of the pics are babies/kiddos. I guess the mom side in me comes out when I'm behind the lenses. Next time, I'll try to get more pics of the adults. :)
Till next year!




























































































No comments:
Post a Comment