I love summer. A lot. And the days are getting a bit cooler, the sun is setting sooner, and my heart is going to miss my summer lovin days. Top things I'll miss the most about our summers:
just being outside, all the time.
being barefoot as much as possible
pool days
I've been a pool rat since I've been allowed too. I'm also a multi-tasker, and I quickly figured out the many benefits of going to the pool with the kiddos. We enjoyed being outside, I got to catch some rays (we all know moms with little ones have to temporarily say goodbye to the layout days of sodas & books/magazines at the pool- we have to do those in the backyard during nap time, and even those can be hard to squeeze in!), the kids got to wear out their energy making them take nice, long afternoon naps, eat a picnic at the pool which means no sweeping floors, doing dishes, wiping tables, etc., and have fun play dates with our other mom/kiddo friends.
this is as close as Zoe got to "going underwater"...we'll be working on that next summer
grilling all the time...another less mess, less effort for me type of meal!
backyard play, everyday, 5 times a day
trips to the lake with ma & pa's new boat purchase!
our random fishing trips like last year here
And summer sunsets like these:































No comments:
Post a Comment